Sea & Sheep and nothing else xD

10th April 2014
 
Because you can't call angels without wings angels, you call them friens instead.
 
To be fully honest I can't really remember what I did the last two weeks but I'll try to remember...
 
Last weekend I helped my host mum to clean all the cupboards in the kitchen so it could be painted. I also organized a mother's day card for her and I think she really appreciated my effort! That day we also went to the Griffin Garten Centre in Dripsey.
On Monday I realized I should get a mother's day card for my mom too and it took me a good while to find one. I think people thought I am a complete idiot...
 
Last weekend my host family went to a christening on Bere Island. We got there after nearly three hours of driving. We had to go onto a ferry and to be honest, there was nothing on the island. It just seemed like the end of the world to Amy and me. There wasn't even reception for the phone!  Anyway we made the best out of it and we spent a lovely evening there. What I learnt from that night: A christening is only another opportunity to throw a party and get drunk!
 
 
My host family
 
We weren't to sad leaving the island the next morning and because we had already driven  all the way down to Bere Island we also visited some other places. I got to see Dursey Island and the only cable car in Ireland and Mizenhead.
 
 
 
Bantry Bay

 
 
View from Bere Island

 
 
On the way to Dursey Island

 
 
Dolmen

 
 
Irish landscape

 
 
Tír na nÓg


 
 
Cable car


 
 
Ireland

 
 
Mizenhead


 
 
Mizenhead

 
 
Mizenhead

 
 
Yap I saw a seal!

 
 
My Irish family

 
 
 

 
 
On Tuesday we went to see Grease and it was absolutely fantastic!! The singing and dancing acts were brilliant! The only thing was, I was so tired the next morning that I was extremely hyper and I couldn't shut up during school and I was giggling all the time. I think the teachers got quite annoyed at me :/
 
Today we were up in UCC and we spent a lovely afternoon in Cork! I experienced how good friends I have over here and two of them told me, they are definitely coming over for my 18th birthday next year! Isn't that awesome?
 
There is one day left before my friends and sister are coming over. I honestly wish everyone good luck tomorrow trying to put up with me xD
 
Thanks for reading!
 
 


Comments