Update February

8th March 2014
 
Yesterday's the past
Tomorrow's the future
But today's the gift
That's why it's called the present.

 
Welcome back on my blog :)
I didn't really feel like writing therefore it took me so long to do so again.
There wasn't much happening either but I try to summarize what happened in February. You might know that my host mum was in Spain for two weeks. To stop us from doing supid things, Amy's dad stayed with us, but we didn't see him much because of his job.
We thought having the house for us, we could have a movie night party with our friends from school. Amy did an amazing job baking Valentine themed cupcakes and a cake in a heart shape! We tried to do some chocolate strawberry hearts, but I completely forgot to take some pictures.
Therefore a picture from the internet so you can imagine how they were supposed to look like:
 
Although ours didn't look as great as those ones, they tasted fantastic *-*
 
We watched two movies that night: About Time and Kings of Summer. Both of them are really good movies. Just for you to know, six people sleeping in one room isn't the best idea ever... To survive the next day, we had some pancakes in the morning.
 
As I mentioned in my to do list, me and Amy wanted to have a Leonardo diCaprio movie night! We tried to but after four movies and around four o'clock in the morning we just couldn't watch another movie... Even the energy drinks couldn't make us stay awake.
A few days after, we had a tea party too. And guess what I took some pictures!
 


Victora Sponge Cake by Amy

 
Lemon for our tea

 
Mini Scones
 
No question, for a tea party we had to dress up. Wearing our nicest dresses we spent a hilarous afternoon with Saoirse and Sinead.
Me and Amy tried to go to Cork every week in Januray and February and it worked out! Next time I go, I have to take my camera with me and take pictures. I don't wanna go home without pictures from Cork!!
 
I spent way too much time in the cinema. We went to see American Hustle, Cuban Fury and The Book Thief. The Book Thief was fabulous. The four of us were crying in the cinema just because it was so emotional and so sad. Me, Amy and Emma went to the French Film Festival in Cork to see Amélie as well. Although I saw the movie several times before it was a really nice night out. Amy was so excitd to see "real French people" as she called them ;D She might win the trip to Nice and see as many "real French people" as she wants to.
 
In five weeks time my sister and Judith and  Janine are coming over to visit me. It seems like yesterday when I told someone that they are coming in 16 weeks... We are definitely visiting Blarney Castle, Fota Wildlife Park and Cork.
Someone told me once, I would wreck my year abroad when I would count the days and weeks. Unfortunately I couldn't stick to that advise. There are only 10 weeks of school left! Fourteen weeks and my parents come to Ireland. The ironic thing: I have to say goodbye to my host family and my friends on a Friday, 13.
Sometimes I think how it is going to be to say goodbye to everyone or my last school day etc. I think I will be crying all the time.
My parents are already planning what we are going to visit during those ten days they are spending here. We are definitely going to see: Ring of Kerry, Rock of Cashel, Cliffs of Moher, Galway, Giant's Causeway, Belfast and Dublin. The only thing I am a bit worried about is the left-handed traffic and my father driving. I hope everyone will survive ;D
 
My host family planned some trips as well. We are going to a christening and on the way home we are going to Mizen Head. So I can say I saw the end of the world. We planned to go to Dublin again and Killarney and the Ring of Kerry.
 
School is still great but I think if couldn't have moved school, I would be back in Switzerland now. It is the best thing ever to be in the same year as my host sister! Other than Amy I made some more friends in school. Everyone is really nice. In case someone from my school is reading is this: Thanks for being so nice, yea are all great! Although I am sometimes moaning about how boring school is, up to now I had a great time with lots of laughs (cabagge ;D) I got well-used to my school uniform and I think it is going to be strange to wear my own clothes for school again back in Switzerland.
I don't even know if I want to go back after this year. What if nobody wants to friends with me anymore? What if we all changed so much during this year? I am actually a bit scared to go back to Switzerland... Back there I have to work hard again, no more classes doing nothing...
Anyway three months are left and I will enjoy this time!!!
 
Last Tuesday I experienced my first Pancake Day! I think Amy deserves an award for her American pancakes!
On Ash Wednesday a priest came to our school to put some ashes on our foreheads. It seemed so surreal, a priest in school. I couldn't imagine this happening in my Swiss school. I was absolutely happy only watching the whole ceremony.
 
This evening I am invited to a birthday party and I can't wait for St. Patrick's Day! I hope I'll be as great as I imagine it to be.
 
Hope you enjoyed reading this!
Jana
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments