Weekend activity

15th November 2013
 
No matter where we are, we will always be under the same sky.
 
This weekend I went to see this Irish attraction:
 
 

 
Do you know them? The Cliffs of Moher are the most famous cliffs of Ireland. There are about 200m high. Lots of movies were shooted here, one of them Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
I missed school last Friday so we had a day more to spend on seightseeing. We left Cobh Friday morning and after two hours travelling and a short coffee break we reached County Clare. After a delicious lunch we decided to visit the Cliffs today because of the lovely weather. I just couldn't wait because I was the one who was desperately to see the Cliffs. It was windy and freezing but they looked beautiful. Here some pictures out of the hundred I took:
 
 
The weather was quite strange, it was raining and after that it was sunny again. It
gave me the opportunity to take a lot of different looking pictures.
 
 
I think that's a memory I'll never forget. The next morning we wanted to see the Burren. It's a limestone region and because of the weak acidic rainwater grikes developed. Unfortunately someone gave us a wrong direction so we drove nearly an hour for nothing but we had our fun. In the end we saw a good bit of the Burren and it was really interesting because I just had this topic in geography. Our destination was the Aillwee Caves but before we went to see the Bird of Prey Centre. There they let us hold an african eagle. Of course I had to take pictures:
 
 
A grike and limestone pavement
 
 
The famous stone walls of Clare
 
 
Bird of Prey Centre
 
 
As I said before we wanted to visit the Aillwee Caves as well. We had a guided tour but compared to the Mitchelstown Caves the Aillwee Caves are nothing. After we saw bear bones and walked through the Caves we went to Enis, a small, lovely town. Amy and Dianne did a bit of Christmas shopping. The day after Halloween every shop has their Christmas stuff.
On Sunday we went to see Bunratty Castle. It's not only a Castle it's also a kind of museum with different houses from all over Ireland. If you don't like history it's probably not the right thing to do, but I really enjoyed it!
 
 
Bunratty Castle
 
 
A recreated Irish village
 
 
Of course it contains vitamins, calcium and iron... just don't drink too much of it ;)
 
On our way back home we missed a junction and we were already on the way to Dublin. Quite late and tired we came home. Time for homework wasn't left...
In two weeks time the Christmas exams will start and I have to learn everything we did up to know. I tell you now I prefer the Swiss system!
 
Thanks for reading!
Jana
 


 


Comments