Happy Halloween

1st November 2013
 
Welcome back on my blog about my exchange year!
Halloween, Halloween and Halloween I barely can hear the word once more. Halloween is an important celebration. Of course it's not America but still. Preparations started weeks before; we bought decorations, sweets and we ordered Candy Corn from America.
I came home yesterday evening after I was horse-riding and Amy started to do my make-up straight away. I finally decided to dress up as a ghost. Amy dressed up as a zombie Marylin Monroe and my host mum as a witch.
Although it was cold we waited outside for the kids asking for sweets. Amy did such a good job in decorating the house and garden, the kids were really scared.
Later on Amy's friends came over and we had a pumpkin carving competition. I acutally won it with this pumpkin:
 
 
But I think the others are as good as mine:
 
 
 
 
As well we had delicious food. There's a bread in Ireland which is very typical for Halloween. The bread contains a ring and the one who has the ring wins. In Switzerland we have something similar on the 6th of January.
 
The garden looked superb!
 
 
Halloween Cookies
 
 
Candy Apple
 
We decided to watch The Evil Dead but I was so tired and went to bed before the end of the movie. I was quite scared as well. On Friday I wanted to be fit to go horse- riding again. It's was really funny and because I didn't understand a question properly everyone was laughing at me.
To be honest I didn't do much more in my holidays than horse-riding and celebrating Halloween. The only thing I did was going to see Jackass: Bad Grandpa. It was absolutely hilarious!
 
I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!
Jana

Comments