First Days

24th August 2013
 
Hello and welcome back
I finally arrived in Ireland and I already spent the first days in Maynooth. We didn't have any problems with our flight and the EF staff was waiting for us in Dublin. We met all 250 exchange students in Maynooth, a small town near Dublin. It was fun to meet all these people with the same aim and the same questions and sometimes the same fears. We had another preparation day but honestly I just couldn't wait to meet my host family. Therefor I didn't spend that much attention to all these people speaking about Ireland and exchange years. Saturday afternoon I finally met my host family! They showed me her house and then we went for a small sightseeing around Cobh. I am impressed how copious everything is. My host mum talked about historical facts and even though I was interested I couldn't understand everything. I'm going to spend my year in Cobh, a small town in the south of Ireland. The town is suited near the sea.  For me it's really special to live near the sea, because from Brittnau we have to drive at least four hours to approach the sea. Some people already visited us today and I am sure this year won't be boring at all.
 
Jana
 
 
Maynooth
 
 
Campus of Maynooth

Comments