Life goes on! :)

28th August 2014
 
Welcome back on my Blog!
 
It has been a while since I wrote my last blog, but I was preoccupied by school and other stuff.
Anyway school has already started three weeks ago and it's going pretty well! There are some difficulties and I hate getting up at quarter past six almost every morning, but it's okay. Since I'm back from Ireland I really like my chemistry, history, biology and English classes because all of them are in English and it's so easy for me now to understand! We started reading Animal Farm in our English classes and it's basically all repetition of what I have done and learnt in History last year!! I'm also doing the CAE preparation course (Cambridge Advanced Exam). If I pass the test next spring I will be allowed studying in any English speaking country so I really hope this works out for me!
 
 
But before school had started, I was working for a week to earn some money. I was wrecked after that one week but it was worth it. Then the last week before I had to go back to school, my family went to France. The first nigth we spent in Tallard and then we stayed in a small vinyard castle out in the countryside. We spent hours at the swimming pool, enjoyed the amazing food and visited St. Tropez (around the 3rd time but it's always very exciting). I won't even bore you with every single detail, I'll just upload some pictures. ( I became really lazy I know :/)
 






St. Tropez


Plage de Tahiti

 
Since we were out in the countryside, I had a lot of time to take pictures and I also did a lot of sport and I really started to like riding the racing bicycle.
 
Two weeks ago, I went to Zurich with my family and we had dinner in Wagamama's. I used to go there with Amy a good few time and it made me think of the time in Ireland so much! By the way, some people are mocking my accent, but others are saying it sounds really cool. I just told the ones that thought the accent is totally weird, that it is cool to speak differently than everyone esle! The nicest thing I heard so far, was Anna, who has also done an exchange in Ireland, that she gets "homesick" when she hears me speaking.
 Sometimes I'm scared my English skills are going to dissappear in a very short time, but I'm trying to keep up watching movies in English or skyping with Amy or reading in English. I hope this will help me.
 
It is really cool, because since I'm back I skyped with Amy pretty often and it just feels like we are talking to each other face-to-face and not only on skype. I'm already so excited to come over in December, you don't even know!
 
I also deciced to share my experiences with another exchange girl from Venezuela, who came to Switzerland for one year and help and support her during this year. I met her once so far and she seems to be so nice! The only thing is she doesn't speak German yet and she does not understand English. So for the next month or so I think we have to communicate in French and use gestures and signs. I'm really happy though that I have the opportunity to support someone with the knowledge I got during this year!
 
Well this is it for the moment, there would be so much more to tell but I simply run out of time and patience...
 
Thanks for reading and I will try to write on her very soon again. Since this is the time most people start their year abroad, I wish all of them a very good start and if I can give you one advice: Enjoy every second because in a year you will look back and wonder where all this time has gone!
 
Jana
 

 



Comments